Sunday, April 17, 2016

CALL TO ACTION: Want List Prioritization

Hey guys, this may seem like a bit of a strange concept but for as long as I can remember, I've been making want lists. Yes, my shopping addiction started young. But, in all seriousness, this helps me make decisions that are well thought out when I have a little extra money in the bank.

Basically, this can be done on paper, or on your phone using the notes app or any organizational app. If I'm going to do it digitally I love using Wunderlist for it, since it updates on all of my devices and keeps everything organized in lists and folders!

The Basis of this is to keep an updated list of things you want to purchase. If you're anything like me, you're probably thinking "... so like, everything?" well, my rule of thumb is if I would want it in my shopping cart, I want it enough to potentially purchase it. This is also good for stopping impulse buys, since you may very well look back and think, I don't actually care for that.

So, every time that wallet itch comes around and I'm able to make a good purchase, I then start looking at my list a little more critically. I start by eliminating the things I don't want as much and then prioritizing as well as weighing in all factors; such as money, upkeep, usage, etc. Eventually I'll come down to a decision. If it's down to a few and there really is no better option, I usually just go with my gut on which I choose.
(Lets be real, sometimes I just get both) 

The key is everything in moderation really! I hope this helps some indecisive shopaholics like me.
I'll see yah soon,
Sandianaa

No comments:

Post a Comment